Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Read 'Em and Swoon: My Top 5 Romance Reads

Every now and then I just NEED to read a story about LOVE. Whether its dark and twisty or mushy I just crave a good romance read. Now before we go any further, this isn't about romance, romance books. True romance novels have their place in the reading world but on this particular list, you won't find naughty cowboy Joe in his chaps with a whip seducing anybody.

Let's get to it!


5. The View from Rainshadow Bay 

by Colleen Coble
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐



Shauna has lost her husband to a climbing accident and is now raising her son alone. Suddenly, her business partner is murdered and there's reason for Shauna to believe she may be in harms way as well. She turns to an unlikely source to help her unravel the mess that is in front of her. Zach Bannister is the man Shauna blames for her husbands accident. Enlisting his help opens up some old hurts and painful memories. Together Shauna and Zach set out to secure her safety. I loved the mixture of suspense, mystery, grief and of course romance in this book.




4. To All the Boys I've Loved Before

by Jenny Han
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐



This was a fun Rom-Com style book for me! Lara Jean has always written letters to all of her crushes and stashed them in her room, NEVER to be mailed. There's only one tiny problem, she discovers that they were all mailed out. Suddenly all of her past love interests start resurfacing, coming back to find her. Some just want to say what they never said before, others aren't so simple. This is a great becoming of age love story! And even better news, if you love this book there's 2 more that follow it AND a Netflix deal! 






3. You'd Be Mine

by Erin Hahn
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐



I recently did a full ARC review on this book - You'll be able to purchase this one soon so I'm going to go ahead and include it on this list! A group of young adults navigating grief that fits their young lives like an over-sized hoodie. Hiding all of their pain and stress underneath of it with the padding of booze and personas. Navigating the sadness and hurt, or completely ignoring it, while also trying to enjoy new adventures and budding romances. We often don't realize how quickly life becomes "real" until we're knee deep in and I think all of us can relate to this book in that way. Jack and Annie will quickly become your new favorite country couple.




2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

by Michelle Hodkin
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐


I read this book back in 2016 and it's become on of my favorites. It's dark, twisted and mysterious. This book will suck you in and you'll be hooked until it's over. Mara Dyer wakes up in the hospital and can't remember anything about the accident that killed all of her friends. She is depressed, confused and about to have her world turned upside down... again.








1. Redeeming Love

by Francine Rivers
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



Set in 1850, California. Angel was sold into prostitution as a child and carries deep hurt and hatred for men. Full of mistrust and abandonment. Then enters Michael Hosea, who feels God has told him to marry Angel and love her no matter what. We then get to watch as the rest of this story unfolds. This book is based off of a story in the Bible. However, if that's not really your thing, I still recommend this book so highly! It is truly a stand alone romance novel. I read this book for the first time back in 2008 and have read it multiple times since.












No comments:

Post a Comment